Thursday, September 4, 2014

10 things you should not say/ask pregnant women

 
My personal list of 10 things you should not ask/say to a pregnant women. Or maybe just me. This mainly applies to strangers or people I don't know that well. If we are friends I will totally answer any and all pregnant questions because I had no idea until I was pregnant either. Although some of these things you shouldn't say to me if we are friends! Mean!!!
 
  1. Are you sure it's not twins?!don't think they missed an entire person in my stomach.

  2. Did you get pregnant on purpose? Ok does it really matter, because it's happening either way. And are you asking about my sex life/birth control habits? Because that's weird.
     
     
  3. How much weight have you gained? Friends, I don't care because we are friends! But seriously strangers ask me this. Why is that appropriate? I don't say wow you've gotten fat, how much weight have you put on?! My doctor weighs me every time, trust me I'm aware of my weight gain.

  4. Are you planning to breast feed? I hate this for two reasons. One, why the hell do you need to know that?! I don't know you! Two, I know you're just judging whatever answer I give you so please back off.
  5. I hope you're married. This is a loaded statement/question. You're not perfect, don't judge me and I won't judge you. I'm an adult, 24 year old college graduate. Thanks. Seriously a random person said this to me. Goddddd

  6. Wow you are not going to make it to November! Yea, thanks.
  7. You're huge already/wow you've gotten big!  Ok just screw you. Seriously not appropriate! I'm still a woman I don't want to hear that. Plus you think I don't know?!?!?
  8. Aren't you uncomfortable? I'M PREGNANT! Of course I am, why are you asking me this?! I mean it'll be worth it in the end, but you don't have to remind me!
  9. Well you should sleep while you can! Again, I can't freaking sleep now. I have a tiny person moving around inside me at 1am and I get up to pee every two hours AND it's hard to get comfortable with an ever growing stomach. So please just shut up.
  10. You're about to pop! I hate you and I have two months left. I am 5ft tall! My baby had nowhere to go! Don't say this PLEASE.
 
Also, keep in mind some women are self conscious when their stomachs stay really small. They don't want to hear they look small for how far along they are either, you'll send them into a panic!!!
 
Basically, if you see a pregnant women, it does not mean are social etiquette is gone and you can say whatever you want to her. She is still a woman! Just go with compliments! You might make their day. 

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with every one of them. I especially agree with your Breastfeeding comment. Many got in my business about it! I had trouble with it and I didn't like it so eventually I stopped because neither my kids or I were happy. They were judgmental! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GO GIRL! These are all things ppl should consider when talking to a pregnant woman!!!

    ReplyDelete